Vice head: Members:
- RNDr. Miroslav Džupon, PhD.
( mdzupon(at)imr.saske.sk, +421-55-7922 453 )
The Department of Mechanical Testing is concentrated on the mechanical testing service of compact, powder metallurgy and advanced ceramics materials in the temperature range from -196°C to 1400°C. Measuring parameters are connected on the national standards.
The Department of Mechanical Testing also participated on development and research of the new tests methods.
Tests methodsFerrous, non-ferrous metals and their alloys,
welded joint, plastic materials
- Tensile test
- Brittleness test
- Break test
- Impact bending test
- Uniaxial tensile creep test up to 600°C
- Tensile test at high temperatures uo to 1400°C
- Tensile test at low and high temperature
- Hardness test by Vickers, Brinell and Rockwell
- Impact bending test at low and high temperature
- Fracture toughness test at static load (KIC, ?IC, J IC)
- Impact bending strength
- Strength test in uniaxial tension
- Tensile strength
- Bend strength
- Hardness test
- Fatigue test
- Impact bending test
- Bending strength test
- Measurement of stable crack growth
- Fracture toughness SEPB, SEVNB
- Measurement to Young’s modulus
- Hardness test by Vickers, Knopp and Rockwell
- Measurement of stable crack growth at room and high temperatures up to 1450° C
- Creep in bending, compression and indential creep up to 1450°C
- Thermal shock resistance
Interconnection of test equipments with the national standards
For attestation and calibration of the tests performed at the Department of Mechanical Testing are used services of the national legal metrology or accredited laboratories.
In generally cooperation with production is oriented on:
- Complex materials expertise in materials engineering of steels, non-metals materials on the aluminous base and die - casting casts. Evaluation and optimalization of the mechanical properties for materials at the real production conditions. Proposing of the applications for new progressive materials.
- Expertise operating of materials im the limited stater at the production conditions (abrupt fracture, loss of functions properties, accident, loss of lifetime&reliability).
- Performance of mechanical tests of the aluminium casts for automotive industry, mainly measurements of permanent deformation after tension load.
- Work is oriented on the wide range of the industrial companies as AlCast a.s., Mops Press s.r.o., Bohler-Uddeholm s.r.o., US Steel s.r.o. Košice, Železiarne Podbrezová a.s. and the others.
Department of Mechanical Testing, IMR SAS
Watsonova 47, 040 01 Košice
Tel.: +421-55-7922 453
Fax: +421-55-7922 408